Why does some email have an empty body?
After performing a Lotus Notes migration, you may encounter some email with an empty body content at the Destination. For some of them (such as calendar notifications, alerts, etc.) it is quite normal, because they do not contain content in the body in Lotus Notes, either.
This issue occurs when the Lotus Domino server silently returns an empty content for some email. Unfortunately, we cannot detect whether the lack of content is due to the fact that there was none originally or if the server did not deliver it correctly.
In order to get your email migrated properly, proceed with the following:
- Wait until all the mailboxes containing messages without content have finished migrating.
- Log in to your email client at the Destination.
- Select a folder where email has missing content, and order email by size (smaller at the top).
- Delete all corrupted email (email that should have a body).
- Sign in to your MigrationWiz account
- Click on Perform Mailbox Migration.
- Select your Mailbox Connector
- Click on View Mailboxes.
- Select all involved mailboxes and force re-migration.
Note: Do not forget to restart the Lotus Extractor before submitting the mailboxes again.