How do I manually set forwards during a migration, on a per-user basis and from the individual users' portal, when the Source is G Suite or Gmail?
This article explains how to manually set forwards during a migration, on a per-user basis and from the individual users' portal, when the Source is G Suite or Gmail.
- Forwards are useful if you are migrating users in batches, and switching some users over to the new Destination before others.
- Forwards allow for mail coexistence, but not for calendar free/busy coexistence.
- To set forwards on a per-user basis and from the Google admin console, refer to KB004374.
- To set forwards in bulk using the MigrationWiz Management Console, refer to KB005168.
To deploy a manual forward rule to a Gmail/Google account:
- Sign in to your Gmail/Google account.
- Click on Settings.
- Locate the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Click Add a forwarding address.
- Enter the email address to forward to.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the forward mailbox.
- Validate the confirmation by logging in to the forward mailbox.
- Go back to your account.
- Select the forward mode.
We recommend not saving a copy locally, because when you migrate the mailbox to the Destination, you will end up with duplicates.