How do I troubleshoot user discovery for Exchange in UserActivation?
We recommend the following:
- Ensure that you are trying to discover users from Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016. UserActivation does not support user discovery from Exchange 2003.
- Verify credentials by logging in to OWA with your admin email address and password that you specified in UserActivation.
- Make sure you can login to an end user's mailbox.
- Make sure the admin account is Mailbox Enabled and was provisioned with sufficient rights.
- Make sure the authentication method is set to [email protected]
If you have any of the following, we may not be able to discover all of your users and distribution lists:
- If throttling is turned on for LDAP in Exchange we will not be able to discover many of your users.
- If AD and number of mailbox provisioned users, shared contacts, and distribution lists is too large (3000+).
- If every user FullName in AD starts with common letters, e.g., "(Developer) John Smith" , "(Developer) John Doe".