How can I migrate extra contacts from Google?
When migrating from Google to an alternative Destination email platform, there are some differences between the field formats on each platform.
KB005024 details how MigrationWiz handles the field mappings for migration of contacts.
If you have users that have many additional contacts that are not migrated, by default, to the Destination, then you can add this Advanced Option to your project. This needs to be added within the Support section, under Support Options.
The Advanced Option is: StoreOverflowGooglePropertiesInNotes=1
With this Advanced Option flag set, when contacts are migrated for the mailbox, the additional contact properties (that cannot be mapped) will be added to the end of the contact notes.
These include the following:
- Unmapped email addresses
- Unmapped instant messenger addresses
- Unmapped phone numbers
- Unmapped physical addresses
- Unmapped data-based events (like anniversary)
- Unmapped relationships (like brother)
You can also add an additional Advanced Option whereby you can define your "header" that will appear above these additional contact properties:
The Advanced Option is:
StoreOverflowGooglePropertiesInNotesPrefix="---- The following properties could not be mapped ---"
- This needs to be added in addition to the StoreOverflowGooglePropertiesInNotes=1 flag.
- This needs to be added within the Support section, under Support Options.
Note: If you have already performed a migration for the user, then in order to map these additional contact properties, you will need to follow these steps:
- Delete the contacts from the Destination.
- Reset statistics
- Click on the icon on MigrationWiz dashboard. Note: All migration statistics (speed, number/size of items migrated, etc.) and errors details (number/size of failed items, etc.) will be deleted for all selected items.
- Click on .
- Add the Advanced Option: StoreOverflowGooglePropertiesInNotes=1
From the MigrationWiz dashboard, click on Edit Project, and then select Advanced Options.
Within the Support section, under Support Options, add the following:
- Click on the "+".
Click on Save Options.
Click on Save Project.
- Select one or more mailboxes that you want to remigrate.
- Click on .
- From the drop-down list, select .
Click on .