|Notice: This Knowledge Base article pertains specifically to the DeploymentPro (legacy) product, and not to the DeploymentPro product that is part of MSPComplete or DeploymentPro for UserActivation.|
How do I deploy the DeploymentPro (legacy) Agent from a File Share?
- Create a DeploymentPro project. For step-by-step instructions, see KB004784.
- Download bootstrap.exe to a File Share. See KB004764 to obtain a link to download this software.
Note: When downloading the software, make a note of the download directory.
- From Windows File Explorer, switch to the directory where bootstrap.exe was downloaded.
Double-click on the downloaded bootstrap.exe file.
From the resulting pop-up window, click on Extract All.
Set the Destination directory, under the field labeled Files will be extracted to this folder.
Click on the button marked Extract.
Now return to the DeploymentPro project, and locate the DeploymentPro project Activation Code. This can be found from the DeploymentPro status tab, as in the screen shot below:
- The users can now download the bootstrap.exe from the File Share to their local drive.
Once downloaded, open up a command console window, change to the directory where the bootstrap.exe file was downloaded, and run the following command: Bootstrap.exe xxxxxxxxxxxx ?
Replace xxxxxxxxxxxx with the Activation code, from your DeploymentPro status tab.
The "?" is required at the end of this command.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.