The specified object was not found in the store.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot the error:
- Verify the permissions for the migration admin account
- Verify the mailbox is not hidden from the Global Address List
- Verify the mailbox does not contain a folder name with a backslash (\) character
The most common problem when encountering this error is that the admin account used for the migration does not have the correct permissions to access the mailbox.
- Read the How do I test mailbox access? article for more information about verifying that the admin account has the correct permissions to access the mailbox.
- Read the How do I create an administrator account for login? article for more information about creating an admin account for a mailbox migration.
This problem also happens when a mailbox is hidden from the Global Address List (GAL). Verify that the mailbox is not hidden from the GAL before retrying the migration.
Follow these steps to verify that the mailbox is not hidden from the GAL if the Source environment is Exchange 2003:
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Open the mailbox-enabled user in question and navigate to the Exchange Advanced tab.
- Verify that the Hide from Exchange address lists checkbox is not selected.
Otherwise, follow the steps in the Hide Mailboxes from Address Lists in Exchange Server 2010 article from Microsoft.
This problem also happens when a mailbox contains a folder name with a backslash (\) character. For example, if the folder name is "Medium\Low Priority Emails", then MigrationWiz will treat the "Medium" and "Low Priority Emails" as separate folders. To correct this error, rename the folder using a hyphen (-) character in place of the backslash before retrying the migration.