How do I create an SQL Azure database, to be used for BitTitan Audit Logging?
This is a three-step process:
- Create SQL Database
- Configure Firewall Settings
- Obtain SQL Database connection strings
1. Create SQL Database
- Log in to Azure account at https://manage.windowsazure.com.
- Click on Data Services, in the left-hand column.
- Click on SQL Database, in the middle column.
- Click on Quick Create, in the right-hand column.
This screen shot provides more detail:
- Under the Database Name field, enter "AuditEventLog" as the name.
- Under the Server field, click on choose a Server and select New SQL database server.
- Under the Region field, select your region.
- Enter login name and password.
- Click on Create SQL Database.
Note: You may need to log out and log in again before your new SQL Database will show in your portal.
2. Configure Firewall Settings
Now configure the firewall settings, by clicking on the SQL databases tab, then clicking on the server name in the main window.
Click on the Configure tab.
The following should be set:
- Under Rule name, enter ALL
- Under Start IP address, enter 18.104.22.168
- Under End IP address, enter: 255.255.255.255
- Under Allowed Services, click on YES.
- Click on Save.
Note: This is a required configuration since, by default, no one has access.
3. Obtain SQL Database connection strings.
Now you need to obtain the SQL Database connection strings.
These are required in order for you to be able to enable audit logging within your MigrationWiz project Advanced Options.
At the next screen, click on View SQL Database connection strings.
You will be presented with a screen that displays all the connection strings that will need to be entered into the Advanced Options of your MigrationWiz project.
The screen will look similar to this:
Now you are ready to enable audit logging within your MigrationWiz project.
Refer to KB005120 for more information on how to enable audit logging within your MigrationWiz project Advanced Options.