Why is Auto-Complete taking so long to process?
DeploymentPro is designed to migrate Auto-Completes. Migration of Auto-Completes is not instant, however. Once the new Outlook profile has been created, it can take up to 24 hours for Auto-Completes to appear.
There are two reasons for this:
- Outlook can put locks on Auto-Complete entries.
- Outlook can take time to ingest/index new Auto-Complete entries.
If Auto-Complete does not appear to work using the new profile, perform the following steps:
1. Open Outlook. It should already be configured to use the new profile.
2. Activate the Auto-Complete feature within the new profile. Send an email to a dummy recipient (ex: [email protected]).
3. Verify that DeploymentPro.exe is still running in the background. Use Task Manager to confirm that DeploymentPro.exe is running.
4. Close Outlook (all windows). Use Task Manager to confirm that Outlook.exe is NOT running.
5. Wait for about two minutes.
6. Open Outlook again.
7. Wait for about five minutes.
If this does not resolve the issue, perform these steps:
1. Browse to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache
2. Add the creation date column to the Windows file explorer columns/view.
3. Record the create date, file size, and file names of all Stream_Autocomplete_* files.
4. Open a Support ticket by sending email to Support. Be sure to include all of this information.