Box to Google Drive Migration Guide
- This is the complete onboarding task flow for migrating folders and documents from Box to Google Drive.
- Complete each step in order. Links to corresponding Knowledge Base articles are provided.
Prepare the Source Environment (Box):
- Create a Box user account that will be used for the migration, and grant main admin privileges to that user. KB005080
- Export the list of Box user accounts to a CSV file. This can be used when adding users to Google Drive and when adding users into your MigrationWiz project dashboard. Steps: From the admin console, click on the Users and Groups icon. Under the Managed Users tab, click Export Users. KB005553
Prepare the Destination Environment (Google Drive):
- Grant MigrationWiz OAuth2.0 access to authenticate to Google Drive. For guidance, see Enable access to G Suite using OAuth 2.0.
G Suite as the Destination (full scopes):
https://mail.google.com/, https://www.google.com/m8/feeds, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.group.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive, https://sites.google.com/feeds/
- Add users to Google Drive. Instructions are located here.
- Create the customer. KB005421
- Create the Box and Google Drive endpoints by entering the administrator user credentials. KB005427
- Launch Document Migration (MigrationWiz) by selecting All Products from the left navigation menu, and then Document Migration from the list of products.
- Set up the Document Migration project. KB005070
- Create the Document Migration project > Select the customer > Select the Source endpoint (Box) > Select the Destination endpoint (Google Drive).
- Set the value for Licensing/Maximum licenses to consume per item per pass licensing count. Default value = 1. This allows up to 10GB to be migrated. We recommend that you set this to 5. This will allow for up to 50GB of data per user to be migrated. Note: This will not cause additional licenses to be consumed, for those users with less data. For example, if a user has 9GB of data, it will only consume one (1) document license during migration. KB004890
- Under Support/Support Options add: InitializationTimeout=28800000. This will increase the timeout initialization timeout window to 8 hours. KB005099
- Under Support/Support Options add: FolderLimit=20000. Default is 10,000. For migrations from Box, large users may have more than this number of folders. Therefore, we recommend that you increase the limit to 20,000. KB005557
- Note: There are no spaces on either side of the "=" sign, and the entries are case-sensitive, so pay special attention to the capital letters in the commands above.
- Set the Preferred BitTitan Data Center. KB004268
- Decommission the Box user accounts, or change their passwords, to prevent users from inadvertently logging in and using their Box accounts.