How do I estimate the number of Public Folder migration licenses required?
To obtain an estimate of the number of Public Folder migration licenses required for a migration project, you must first download and install the BitTitan SDK. This provides you with two components: the BitTitan PowerShell, and the BitTitan Management Console. The BitTitan Management Console is the component you will be using.
For guidance downloading and installing the BitTitan SDK, see How do I install the BitTitan SDK.
Ensure that you have a MigrationWiz Public Folder migration project created. For guidance on creating a project, see MigrationWiz Migration Guides, then click Public Folder Migrations (12).
Once you have the migration project created:
- At the Run command, launch the console by typing: bittitan management console.
- At the Select environment prompt, press Enter to accept the default environment, BT (default).
- In the pop-up window, enter your BitTitan credentials.
- Select Option 3 - Manage local Exchange Server.
- Select Option 6 - Export public folder data. This produces output similar to the screen shown in Figure 1, below:
- Enter a number that matches the name of the MigrationWiz Public Folder migration project that you created. You will then see a report similar to the one shown in Figure 2 below. The Public Folder license estimate is shown in the area circled in red.