Notice: This Knowledge Base article pertains specifically to the new version of DeploymentPro that is in the MSPComplete portal, and not to the DeploymentPro for UserActivation product.
Note: This text should be sent in an email message to your end users the day before their Outlook profiles are scheduled for reconfiguration.
Dear Outlook user,
This message is to let you know that your Outlook profile will be automatically reconfigured to connect to our new email system on XXXXXX/xxxxxxx (replace this text with the date/time that you have scheduled for the profile configuration).
The process will also include automation for importing your signatures, reattaching any PST files, and bringing over the cached autocomplete addresses from your previous profile into your new profile.
At the date and time specified, a pop-up window will appear on your desktop, displaying our company logo and a "Welcome to DeploymentPro" message.
We've provided you with step-by-step instructions to help you reconfigure your Outlook profile. We recommend that you print these instructions so that you can refer to them when it's time to reconfigure your profile.
The pop-up window you will see will look something like this: (replace this screen with your company logo)
Once you click on Next, the subsequent page will prompt you to select your credentials.
- On the far right-hand side of the email address field, click on the down arrow, and then select your email address from the resulting drop-down list.
- Add your Destination email password in the Password field.
- Once these have both been entered, click on the Validate button.
Once your credentials have been validated, you will see a page that looks like this:
You can now begin your Outlook profile reconfiguration by clicking on the Start Configuration button.
If you do not have Outlook open, the profile configuration will proceed.
If you currently have Outlook open, you will see this:
You should then click on the Close Applications Now button. Outlook and Skype for Business/Lync will be closed for you, and the profile configuration will proceed.
The configuration could take several minutes. During this time, your new profile is being created based on your previous default profile. Here's what is actually happening:
- Any signatures that were included in your previous profile are imported over and included in your new profile.
- Any PST files that were attached to your previous default profile are reattached to the new profile.
- Autocompletes (cached addresses) are imported over to the new profile.
Once the new profile has been created, you will see something like this:
Click on the Finish button to launch Outlook. Your new profile will be configured to access the new Destination email system.