This error usually occurs when performing a migration to OneDrive for Business using user credentials and the collection doesn’t exist or has incorrect permissions. If the collection does not exist, MigrationWiz is unable to create the user collection while connection with user credentials.
The end user needs to log in to his Office 365 portal and click on OneDrive and follow the steps to complete the creation of his OneDrive collection. He also needs to verify that he has enough permissions to write data in his OneDrive.
If the error persists, check the name of the collection within Office 365, by following the steps below:
- Log in to http://portal.office.com as an administrator.
- Click Admin.
- Click SharePoint.
- Click User Profiles.
- Click Manage User Profiles.
- In the Find profiles field, enter the name of the user and click Find.
- Click on the user and select Edit My Profile.
- The field Personal site will contain the complete name of the collection such as “/personal/user_name_test_com/”.
Make sure that the username in MigationWiz matches the collection name. The collection name will have characters such as ‘@’ and ‘.’ replaced by underscore.
- The collection may include the name of another domain such as user_name_domain_onmicrosoft_com or user_name_previousdomain_com. Update the username in MigrationWiz to match the account with the correct domain such as [email protected] or [email protected].
- The collection may include a number at the end such as user_name_domain_com1. This usually occurs when a user was deleted then recreated later on. MigrationWiz can only access collections that match the username exactly. You will have to re-assign the collection that was assigned to the previous user and make sure to remove all content prior to the migration.