How do I migrate resource calendars from G Suite to On-Premises Exchange or Office 365?
Migrating resource calendars from G Suite to On-Premises Exchange or Office 365 (Exchange Online) requires the use of Advanced Options because the email addresses for resource calendars in G Suite don't map to the email addresses for resource mailboxes in Exchange. Additionally, G Suite doesn't allow programmatic login to resource calendars, even when using OAuth, whereas Exchange does.
Complete the steps listed below to migrate resource calendars from G Suite to On-Premises Exchange or Exchange Online.
Note: These instructions focus on the migration steps for resource calendars. For the full set of steps to migrate user mailboxes, refer to the G Suite to On-Premises Exchange Migration Guide or the G Suite to Office 365 Migration Guide.
- In G Suite, complete these steps:
- Get the email addresses for the resource calendars. Sign in to the G Suite admin console and go to Apps > G Suite > Calendar > Resources. Select a resource to view its email address. The email addresses for resource calendars contain a combination of the account's domain name and a GUID (e.g., email@example.com). Save the list of email addresses to a file (Word, Excel, etc.) that you can access later when creating the mailbox migration project in MigrationWiz.
- Create a new user account. Sign in to the G Suite admin console and go to Users > Add user. Make note of the user account information because you will need it for step 6 below.
- Add the resource calendars to the user account. Sign in to G Suite as the user, go to Calendars, click the down arrow by Other calendars, and select Browse Interesting Calendars. Click the More tab, click Resources for <your domain>, and click Subscribe next to each resource calendar that is listed.
- Get the name of all the resource calendars exactly as they appear in the user's calendar list. Click the down arrow by Other calendars and select Settings. Save the list of names to a file (Word, Excel, etc.) that you can access later when creating the mailbox migration project in MigrationWiz.
|RecipientMapping="resource calendar email address->resource mailbox email address"|
- For the Source, enter the email address of the G Suite user account created in step 1 above. Use the same Source email address for all the resource calendars that will be migrated.
- For the Destination, enter the email address of the resource mailbox at the Destination On-Premises Exchange or Exchange Online environment.
|^(?!Calendar/resource calendar name)|
^(?!Calendar/Conf Room 1)
|FolderMapping="Calendar/resource calendar name->Calendar" |
FolderMapping="Calendar/Conf Room 1->Calendar"
Note: Care should be taken when using resource calendar names that contain special characters in folder filters or support options. Special characters need to be prefixed with a "\" character. For example, if the name of a resource calendar is Room (1234), the folder filter needs to be entered as ^(?!Calendar/Room \(1234\)) and the support option needs to be entered as FolderMapping="Calendar/ Room \(1234\)->Calendar". Read the Special characters section of the RegEx documentation for more information.