If I submit a migration more than once, will it cause duplicate items?
MigrationWiz was designed to never duplicate items that have been migrated by our service. No matter how many times you submit a migration, you should not encounter duplicates.
But if you do encounter duplicates, it is most likely due to one of the following scenarios:
- You selected the option Do not search destination for duplicates in the Project configuration. This option will disable duplicate detection.
- You performed a migration previously with a 3rd party tool prior to using MigrationWiz. We will not check for duplicates against data migrated by a third-party tool.
- The Source mailbox contains duplicate items. The Destination mailbox will reflect the data contained in the Source mailbox.
- You changed the protocol used by the connector to connect to the Source, for example from IMAP to Exchange. We cannot prevent duplicates in this case.
- The Source mailbox is forwarding email to the Destination mailbox. This results in two copies: a forwarded item and a migrated item.
- You've enabled specific options to force remigration without detection of duplicates, etc.