How do I add users manually to UserActivation?
In order to add users manually to UserActivation:
- Select the option to manually enter user information.
- Gather user information manually or through a CSV export from your Source system.
- Gather users passwords.
- Gather mailbox passwords from users.
- You can simply gather passwords from users.
- Reset mailbox passwords.
- You can always reset the passwords to mailboxes to something that you know and control. The problem with this method is that your end user is locked out of his/her mailbox as their password has changed. You may optionally give them the password you have set, but end users are prone to changing the passwords to something they can remember, which may cause your migration to fail during the process. If you do not plan on giving the end users the passwords, this may be a viable option if you do not mind locking them out of the mailbox.
Once you have collected the information from your end users, you can load it into our Bulk upload template and paste it into the User List page in UserActivation.
You also have the option to send a email to end users to gather usernames and passwords. To enable this option, select the checkbox to "Send email to user for credentials".