Notice: This Knowledge Base article pertains specifically to the DeploymentPro for UserActivation product, and not to the DeploymentPro product that is part of MSPComplete.
How do I set a password policy for DeploymentPro for UserActivation?
In order to specify a password policy for DeploymentPro for UserActivation, select from the options provided and then customize the end user instructions.
- Require end users to change passwords using DeploymentPro.
- Requires all end users to change their passwords for Office 365 before we can create an Outlook profile for Office 365.
- DeploymentPro will prompt the end user to enter their password and check to make sure that it is correct before we create an Outlook profile for Office 365.
- This option assumes two things:
- That you have already created users in Office 365 on your own, without using UserActivation.
- End users know their passwords for Office 365.
- If you select this option and then use UserActivation to create users, we will default to the "Require end users to change passwords using DeploymentPro" for the users that UserActivation creates.
- DeploymentPro for UserActivation will use the password that UserActivation creates by default in order to create an Outlook profile for Office 365.
- By default, UserActivation generates a random secure password for each user that it creates. These passwords are not user-friendly (i.e., EgU8ikj&op#45).
- This option assumes that UserActivation has created all of your users.
- Any users that UserActivation did not create will default to the "Require users to change passwords using DeploymentPro" option.
For each of these, you have the option to provide customized instructions to your end users for the option you have chosen.
For example, if you have chosen the option "My users already exist in Office 365..." you could instruct them to "Enter the password you use to log on to your computer" if you have used Microsoft DirSync to run Password Sync.