When you perform migrations, each license has a size limitation. Each line item in your MigrationWiz dashboard requires a separate license.
- Note: If the Destination is Microsoft OneDrive for Business, licenses will be consumed on a per-user basis.
Once the transfer limit has been reached, another license will be required.
By default, MigrationWiz will only consume a single license per item (mailbox, archive, etc.). This means that when you reach the transfer limit, the migration will stop, and you will have to resubmit your migration with an additional license.
Complete these steps to allow items in a project to consume more than one license:
- Sign in to MigrationWiz.
- Open your project.
- Click Edit Project, and then select Advanced Options.
- Enter the maximum number of licenses consumed per line item.
- Click Save.
Items in the migration project now have permission to consume more than a single license. Ensure that you've purchased a pool of licenses to account for a potential overrun.
- This number is applied per item in a single project. This means that if you submit two items for migration, both of the submitted items will be allowed to automatically use the additional license.
- If you increase the licensing count number to be, for example, 2, and you submit a mailbox migration which is less than 50GB, you will only consume one (1) license, regardless of the fact that the licensing count has been set higher.
- You are allowed up to ten (10) passes per item, for all license types listed above. For example, if you perform a mailbox migration for a user who has a mailbox with a total size of 32GB, even if you submit a Pre-Stage Migration, followed by two (2) Delta passes, this will only consume one (1) mailbox migration license. It is only when a mailbox is larger than 50GB and you set the licensing count to 2 that it will consume two (2) licenses, once your migration reaches 50GB in migrated data.
- If you need to add multiple entries to a single line item within your MigrationWiz project, follow directions in the How do I enable consumption of multiple licenses for a single item? article.
Common scenarios for this are:
- When performing a PST migration, where users have multiple small PST files that are being ingested into the same destination mailbox.
When performing a mailbox migration, and multiple Source mailboxes are being ingested into the same Destination mailbox.
Note: If the same items exist in each Source mailbox, this will result in duplicate items appearing in the Destination mailbox.