|Notice: This Knowledge Base article pertains specifically to the DeploymentPro (legacy) product, and not to the DeploymentPro product that is part of MSPComplete or DeploymentPro for UserActivation.|
What is the process for installing the DeploymentPro (legacy) Agent from end user email?
End User Install:
The install phase begins with the email to the end user. DeploymentPro will send an email to every user in the project. This email contains a unique authentication code as well as a link to download the DeploymentPro Agent. This link will download the install agent called .
When the file is run, it will launch an installer that will complete the following:
- Check to see if the user meets the Project Dashboard
Once the Configure Outlook button has been clicked on, the file launches on end user machines. This will launch the DeploymentPro Wizard, which will guide the user through the configuration process:
- The first page of the wizard provides instructions to the end user, to make sure they complete the entire wizard so that they do not lose access to their email.
- The second page of the wizard is the Password page, where users will either create a new password for Office 365 or use an existing password.
- The third page of the wizard displays the status of the configuration.
- If the configuration succeeds, they will move to the final confirmation page.
- If the automatic configuration fails, the DeploymentPro Wizard will provide the settings that the user will need in order to configure Outlook manually, as well as links to our Knowledge Base articles with detailed, step-by-step instructions to manually create a new Outlook profile.
- The last page of the wizard is the confirmation page. This page shows that we have successfully configured a new profile, and instructs the user to restart Outlook.
The Guardian process will stop running once we confirm that the configuration has completed successfully.