DeploymentPro is a lightweight agent that quickly configures Microsoft Outlook to send and receive e-mail from Office 365, as well as copies over the users' current Outlook settings.
DeploymentPro does the following:
- Creates a new mail profile
- Configures the new profile to send and receive e-mail from Office 365
- Sets the new profile as the default mail profile
- Attaches any existing locally-stored PSTs from the current default mail profile
- Copies over the signatures from the current default mail profile
- Copies over auto-completes from the current default mail profile if the source is Exchange.
- Sets Cached Mode to ALL for downloading mail for the new OST file in the new Outlook profile. See How to Limit Cached Information After Cutover for more information.
Note: Auto-completes were previously copied from the user's .NK2 file but are now copied from MAPI
DeploymentPro does NOT:
- Install a new copy of Microsoft Office or Outlook
- Install service pack updates for Microsoft Office or Outlook
- Install the Microsoft Office 365 desktop setup utility
- Import existing PSTs into the Office 365 mailbox
- Set the New Messages or Replies/Forwards default signatures. These need to be set manually. See Is the default Signature set with DeploymentPro? for more information
Note: DeploymentPro does, however, copy over the signatures from the current default profile. They just need to be chosen and set to be used for new messages and replies/forwards
- Attach existing network-stored, or externally-stored PSTs from the previous default mail profile
Note: These will be logged as errors in the DeploymentPro log files
- Force Outlook to use a default profile if the user has previously configured Outlook to prompt which profile they would like to use
- Maintain shared calendars or mailboxes
- Reattach any secondary accounts that were included in the originating profile
- Migrate any content from .nk2 files. This includes autocomplete information
- Migrate client-side rules. Server side rules are migrated using MigrationWiz, depending on endpoints (Exchange 2010+, including Exchange Online). For more information, see Which items are migrated with MigrationWiz?
- Reattach, import, modify, or delete the User's OST associated with the previous profile
- Refer to Public Folders, Shared Mailboxes, or Online Archives Inaccessible after DeploymentPro Configuration
- DeploymentPro will not work when two-factor or multi-factor authentication is in place. We recommend that you disable this during profile configuration. Once complete, it could be re-enabled, but users would then have to provide the application password, before they could connect via their Outlook profiles. Different Outlook versions have different processes to follow for this issue. Refer to Microsoft TechNet articles for more information
- If two-factor or multi-factor authentication is in place during migration, MigrationWiz will need to migrate using an admin account that is set up without the extra authentication requirements. Refer to Will MigrationWiz work when two-factor or multi-factor authentication is in place? for more details