How do I use Autodiscover to find the items for my migration?
Both MSPComplete and MigrationWiz include the Autodiscover feature. This article explains how Autodiscover works within each platform.
MSPComplete Prerequisite steps:
- Set up the customer. KB005421
- Set up the endpoints. KB005427
- Under your MSPComplete customer, from the top navigation bar, select Users.
- Click on the Add Users button.
- From the drop-down list, select Recommended: Add Users through an endpoint.
Note: Once in MigrationWiz, these can now be imported into projects by selecting Add Users/Add from MSPComplete.
The Autodiscover process within MigrationWiz can be used to discover items from the Source environment, so that they can be imported into your projects.
There are few requirements in order for this to work:
- The Source has to be Exchange 2007 or later, or Office 365, or G Suite. Note: If you are using Autodiscover from G Suite, all G Suite domains must be added to the list of domains in the Endpoint.
- The endpoint on the Source needs to use admin credentials.
- For mailbox migration projects, the admin account that is specified within the Source endpoint needs to have a mailbox associated with it.
- The admin mailbox must be listed in the public Global Address List (GAL).
- The migration project type needs to be a Mailbox migration.
Note: For the exact steps to be followed during your migration, refer to the relevant Migration Guide. All Migration Guides can be found on the Help Center site.
Which items can be discovered within MigrationWiz?
Autodiscovery exposes the following items:
- For mailbox migration, autodiscovery will list all mailboxes at the Source.
Starting an autodiscovery for a project:
- Log in to your MSPComplete account by going to https://www.bittitan.com and clicking on the Blue Sign In button. Provide credentials, if requested.
- On the left navigation bar, select Customers, then select the customer for whom you wish to enable autodiscovery.
Note: Users must be searchable in the public GAL in order to be found by Autodiscover.
- On the top navigation bar, select the Project link.
Note: This article presumes that your project has already been created. If it has not, then, from within MSPComplete, click on All Products, and MigrationWiz to launch MigrationWiz, and set up your project.
- Select the project for which to enable autodiscover.
- Ensure that you have created an endpoint to the Source.
- Once in the project, on the top navigation bar, click on the Add drop-down, then select Autodiscover Items. Once discovered, click on the Import button, to import the items into your MigrationWiz project.