The Autodiscover process within MigrationWiz can be used to discover items from the Source environment, so that they can be imported into your projects.
There are few requirements in order for this to work:
- The Source has to be Exchange 2007 or later, or Office 365, or G Suite. Note: If you are using Autodiscover from G Suite, all G Suite domains must be added to the list of domains in the Endpoint.
- The endpoint on the Source needs to use admin credentials.
- For mailbox migration projects, the admin account that is specified within the Source endpoint needs to have a mailbox associated with it.
- The admin mailbox must be listed in the public Global Address List (GAL).
- The migration project type needs to be a Mailbox migration.
Note: For the exact steps to be followed during your migration, refer to the relevant Migration Guide. All Migration Guides can be found on the Help Center site.
One additional item to note here is that there is not a way to restrict the IP addresses that the connection will come from. This means that the steps outlined in our IP Lockdown guide will not apply here. If your environment requires that any IP addresses be whitelisted, it is recommended that items be added to your project using on of the other available options.
Which items can be discovered within MigrationWiz?
Autodiscovery exposes the following items:
- For mailbox migration, autodiscovery will list all mailboxes at the Source.