Does MigrationWiz support migration of Domino mail-in databases and archive.nsf files?
Yes. MigrationWiz supports the migration of mail-in databases and archive.nsf files. Note: The content in this article is specific to Domino mail-in databases, but be aware that this approach is also valid for archive.nsf files. A mail-in database must be created, using a MAIL type file template, e.g., mail85.ntf, mail9.ntf, etc. Migrations of databases that are created from any other template that is not a standard Lotus Domino mail-in database template are not supported. Using Domino Administrator, Files tab, a mail-in database file can be located. Then right-click on it, and select Properties. The fourth tab, "Design", will show database template names such as "StdR85Mail" or "StdR9Mail" and indicates that this is a mail file template.
Out-of-the-box MigrationWiz does not support migration of mail-in databases. However, with a few configuration steps, a migration of mail-in database can be performed.
1) Create a fake person document on the Domino server. This fake person is going to be used in your MigrationWiz project when performing the migration.
2) Make sure the Internet address field is assigned to that person. This internet address will be used in MigrationWiz to identify this migration.
3) If you have already run LotusExtractor.exe, delete the "LotusExtractor.csv" file from the same folder. This file has to be regenerated if any modifications are made in Domino NAB. Adding an extra person is a modification.
4) Make sure that the ACL of the mail-in database contains record and role for the person that is doing a migration. The screen shot below shows the required attributes ("Manager" and all type of access including "Delete Documents").
5) The person's document has to be modified to point mail file to the mail-in archive to be migrated, as the screen shot below shows. After saving "Mail File" modification, the Domino server has to be restarted.
6) The fake person is migrated as usual, using the regular steps in MigrationWiz. Make sure that you use the fake person Internet Address as the Source email address within your migration project. The Destination mailbox will contain contents of the mail-in archive database. If calendaring has to be migrated from a mail-in archive, then the Internet Address of the fake person in the Domino person document must match the mail-in database Internet Address.
This will require a mailbox license rather than an archive license, since you are performing this migration as a mailbox migration project.