Dropbox to OneDrive for Business Migration Guide
Important: When you sign in to MigrationWiz, you are redirected to the Getting Started page in MSPComplete. To go to a migration project created before April 4, 2017, click the Go to Projects button on the Getting Started Page. To create a new project for the migration scenario documented in this article, go to the Delivery Center and add an Docs: Dropbox to OneDrive for Business service to the customer. Read the Delivery Center article for more information about adding services to a customer.
- This is the complete onboarding task flow for migrating folders and documents from Dropbox to OneDrive for Business.
- Complete each step in order. Links to corresponding Knowledge Base articles are provided.
- The Destination must be OneDrive for Business, not the personal OneDrive version.
- If you are migrating to an Office 365 Small Business Tenant account, the processes will be very similar. However, you will not be able to use admin credentials for your Destination endpoint, and will, instead, be using end user credentials. KB004886.
- OneDrive for Business has certain limitations. Read the What limitations of SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business should I be aware of when migrating? article to learn about these limitations.
Prepare the Source Environment (Dropbox)
Prepare the Destination Environment (OneDrive for Business)
Note: Look for discounted license bundles (e.g., MigrationWiz-Mailbox and Document Migration bundle).
Suspend the Source Dropbox user accounts to prevent users from inadvertently logging in and using the wrong accounts. Follow the instructions in the How do I suspend a team member's account on my Dropbox Business team? article from Dropbox.