How do I give UserActivation access to my G Suite environment?
We use OAuth2 to authenticate to G Suite and perform the following UserActivation functions:
- Migrate email, contacts, and calendars
- Discover users, distribution list, aliases, etc.
- This page contains two videos that show how to perform migrations from G Suite to Office 365, using MigrationWiz (not UserActivation). However, the first video (Part 1) includes the steps to enable OAuth 2.0. It is covered after the 10-minute mark. Internet Explorer is the preferred browser when viewing these videos because it supports fast-forwarding and accessing video sections via the Table Of Contents.
Step-by-step directions to grant BitTitan client ID access to the appropriate scopes:
- Go to https://admin.google.com and authenticate as a domain administrator.
- From the home page, click on the icon labeled: Security.
- Click on Show more and go to Advanced settings.
- Click on Manage API client access.
- Enter 794841909041-4ujv1ss1o7m7kqm3gtqd06bklietmmde.apps.googleusercontent.com into the Client Name text field:
- Enter one of the following scopes, depending on whether the migration is from G Suite or to G Suite in the One or More API Scopes text field, and click on the Authorize button:
G Suite as Source (read-only scopes):
https://mail.google.com/, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.group.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive
- Note: The client ID will always be 794841909041-4ujv1ss1o7m7kqm3gtqd06bklietmmde.apps.googleusercontent.com. Make sure that there are not any leading or trailing spaces, as this may cause the error "URL ends with an invalid top-level domain name." This will grant BitTitan tools access to the appropriate scopes.
- Go back to Security and then go to API Reference. Make sure that Enable API Access is checkmarked.
- Your UserActivation project is all set and ready to run.