How do I migrate from GroupWise, when running on NetWare?
Some deployments of GroupWise crash when accessed over SOAP. Specifically there are a lot of problems with GroupWise on NetWare, due to bugs in Novell code.
Note: Only a very small percentage of GroupWise deployments run on NetWare.
When examining the responses to SOAP requests on Netware, the POAs crash and we get:
HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 21:28:09 GMT
Server: NetWare GroupWise POA 7.0.4
Note: The "Bad parameter passed to a NCSP function" message is harmless. It actually means that the SOAP endpoint is responding.
Here is the workaround for this:
Configure your project to not migrate email (make sure only contacts, calendars and tasks are enabled), and submit for migration.
- Enable IMAP access. This is similar to enabling SOAP access but for IMAP :
- Create another mailbox migration project to migrate only email via IMAP.
- Specify IMAP as a Source system type.
- Specify your host name and port number. Typically port 143 without SSL/TLS and 993 with SSL/TLS.
- We support Trusted Application key authentication both for SOAP and IMAP.
- If you receive the error "Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with an empty response", review the following Knowledge Base article for the potential workaround: KB005920.
- For step-by-step instructions for performing your migration, refer to the relevant GroupWise migration guide, under Migration Guides/Mailbox Migrations.