How do I bulk add forwarding addresses to Source mailboxes in G Suite?
Use the BitTitan Management Console to bulk add forwarding addresses to Source mailboxes in G Suite. The BitTitan Management Console is part of the BitTitan PowerShell, which can be downloaded and installed by following the instructions in the How do I install the BitTitan SDK? article.
Complete the following prerequisites before adding the forwarding addresses:
- Create a subdomain of your primary vanity domain, and add that subdomain to the Destination environment. For example, if your vanity domain is mining88.com and the Destination is Office 365, create the subdomain o365.mining88.com and add it to Office 365 for Exchange Online.
- Make sure that all the users at the Destination have a secondary address for the routing subdomain you are using. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org should be a secondary SMTP address of John's account at the Destination.
- Add the appropriate MX record to ensure that all email sent to the subdomain is routed to the Destination environment. Before implementing the forwarding addresses, test the mail flow by sending an email to the forwarding address (for example, email@example.com) and confirming that it is delivered to the Destination.
- Make sure you have the MigrationWiz project configured correctly with the G Suite admin's email address and domain configured in the Source connector.
- Navigate to %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\BitTitan and, if it is present, delete the GoogleOAuthDataStore file. This is to eliminate any Google caching from interfering.
- Log in to your G Suite tenant with the admin's account from your browser.
- Open the BitTitan Management Console, and sign in with your MSPComplete account credentials.
- Select Manage G Suite.
- Select Set email forwarding for mailbox.
For more information on how to set up a forwarding address in G Suite, read the Automatically forward emails to another account article from Google.