Notice: This Knowledge Base article pertains specifically to the new version of DeploymentPro that is in the MSPComplete portal, and not to the DeploymentPro for UserActivation product.
How do I uninstall DeploymentPro?
DeploymentPro is a module of BitTitan's Device Management Agent (DMA).
There is no uninstall process specific to DeploymentPro. However, DMA can be uninstalled through your MSPComplete customer dashboard, by the following these steps:
- Log in to your MSPComplete dashboard.
- From the list of customers in the left hand navigation panel, select your customer.
- From the list of options in the top navigation bar, click on Computers.
- Checkmark the box next to the computer name that you want to uninstall DMA from. Note: You can click on View Users to see which users are using each computer.
- Click on the Uninstall Device Management button.
- In the modal pop-pup window, click on the Yes, Uninstall the agent button.
- We recommend that you keep DMA installed, even after modules, such as HealthCheck for Office 365 and DeploymentPro, have been run.
- If a Group Policy Object (GPO) was created to auto-install DMA on computers that are not running DMA, this will cause DMA to be reinstalled. To exclude a computer from a GPO, follow the directions in the TechNet article here.
- Further modules will be added to DMA in the future, which will feed your MSPComplete dashboard with cross-sell and upsell suggestions, and provide information about your customer end user environment.