How do I verify SharePoint Online Administrator Access?
In order to use admin credentials for a SharePoint Online migration, your migration account needs to be either:
- A SharePoint Online Administrator
- A Site Collection Administrator
- A Global Admin Account
- Owner for each user's OneDrive account
Here are the steps for adding an account to be a Site Collection Administrator:
- Sign into the Office 365 account as the administrator you are using for the OneDrive migration.
- Go to the Admin Portal by clicking the square icon in the top-left corner and selecting the gray Admin button from the drop-down box.
- On the left-hand side, click on Admin and select SharePoint from the additional options.
- The SharePoint admin center page will open. Once the page loads, click on User Profiles on the left-hand side.
- Under People, select Manage User Profiles.
- In the Find profiles search box, type the name of the user you want to verify permissions for.
- Right-click on the user's account name in the Account name column and click the Find button.
- Select Manage site collection owners from the resulting drop-down.
- You will see two text boxes in the resulting window: "Primary site collection administrator" and "Site collection administrators". Permissions are set correctly if the admin account is listed in the "Site Collection Administrators" text box.