How do I install the HealthCheck for Azure Agent on a Hyper-V Environment?
The HealthCheck for Azure Agent analyzes a customer’s virtual and physical environment over a 14-day period. Once the analysis is complete, you will have access to an assessment of the customer’s infrastructure as an Azure environment and a detailed mapping of their environment to help you plan their migration to Azure.
Purchase a HealthCheck for Azure Plan license for each virtual machine in your customer’s infrastructure, but not for the Hyper-V hosts or vCenter servers. For instruction on purchasing licenses, see How do I purchase licenses (KB004647).
Follow these steps to install the HealthCheck for Azure Agent on a Hyper-V environment. Install the agent everywhere in the customer's infrastructure, even if you only want an analysis of a subset of the infrastructure. This allows HealthCheck for Azure to analyze the entire topology, and give you better guidance for your customer’s migration.
- Log on to your MSPComplete account and, from the All Products dashboard, select the HealthCheck for Azure tile.
- From the drop-down, select the customer. If the customer does not yet exist in the MCPComplete system, click New, then create the customer.
- Click the Go To HealthCheck for Azure button.
- If you have previously provisioned HealthCheck for Azure, or upon provisioning HealthCheck for Azure, click
- Select your region. This determines the location of the Microsoft Azure cloud server to which to migrate. Typically, you want to select the region closest to the customer. For more information about Azure regions, see Azure Regions.
- In the Microsoft Hyper-V box, click
- Click on the Windows tab.
- Under the Windows GUI Installation Instructions, click
Download Installer. A Microsoft Installer (MSI) file will download.
Note: Before running the installer, make sure that all computers on which the agent is being installed have the internet outbound port 443 open to agent.cloudamize.com (FQDN) or IP address 126.96.36.199. This establishes a direct connection to the HealthCheck for Azure server. For an indirect connection, you can specify your own proxy during the installation, and the agent will communicate with the HealthCheck for Azure server via your proxy.
- Open the installer on your Hyper-V host.
- Accept the End User License Agreement, and click
- Enter the API key from the HealthCheck for Azure Windows installation page (from step 6 above) and click
Install to begin the installation.
- The Installation progress and status is displayed. At this point, connectivity to HealthCheck for Azure servers, operating system corruption, and several other error scenarios are tested to ensure successful deployment of the Agent. For this reason, installation can take several minutes. If a problem is detected, instructions are available to help resolve the issue.
- When the installation completes, click