Notice: This Knowledge Base article pertains specifically to the new version of DeploymentPro that is in the MSPComplete portal, and not to the DeploymentPro for UserActivation product.
What is the end user experience when DeploymentPro reconfigures their Outlook profile?
When a user logs on to their machine, after the DeploymentPro Run Module Scheduled Date/Time has occurred, they will see a Desktop pop-up appear, like the screen shot below.
Note: The BitTitan logo and supporting text can be replaced with your own company logo and branded text. This can be set when configuring your customer DeploymentPro module, as detailed in KB005577.
Once the user clicks on Next, the subsequent page will prompt them to select their credentials.
- Users need to click on the down arrow, on the far right-hand side of the email address field, and then select their email address from the resulting drop-down list.
- Users then need to add their Destination email password in the Password field.
- Once both have been entered, users need to click on the Validate button.
Once the credentials have been validated, users will see the following page:
Users can now begin their Outlook profile reconfiguration by clicking on the Start Configuration button.
If users do not have Outlook open, the profile configuration will proceed.
If users currently do have Outlook open, they will see the following page:
They should then click on the Close Outlook Now button.
Outlook will be closed for them, and the profile configuration will proceed.
The configuration could take several minutes. During this time, a new profile is being created based on the previous default profile.
The following actions are occurring during this timeframe:
- Any signatures that were included in the previous profile will be imported over and included in the new profile.
- Non-password protected PST files that were attached to the previous default profile will be reattached to the new profile.
- Autocompletes (cached addresses) will be imported over to the new profile.
Once the new profile has been created, the following page pop-up will be displayed:
The user can now click on the Finish button, and begin using Outlook again.
The user's new profile will be configured to access the new Destination email system.