- Create the Document Migration project. KB005070
Add the accounts (also referred to as "items") that will be migrated to the project. KB004842
Set Project Advanced Options. KB004834
- Create the Document Migration project > Select the customer > Select the Source endpoint (OneDrive for Business) > Select the Destination endpoint (Dropbox). At the Authorization tab, click on the Request Access Token button. On the page entitled 'Dropbox -API Request Authorization', enter the email address and password for the Dropbox admin account, and click on the Allow button at the next screen.
Run Verify Credentials. KB004511
Purchase Document Migration licenses. KB004647
Notify users that a migration is occurring. Send email to all users telling them the time and date of the migration. During this time, they should not modify any documents in their OneDrive for Business accounts, because any modifications will not be included in the migration.
Perform the migration using one of the following strategies:
- Set the value for maximum licenses to consume per item, per pass. The default value is one license per user, which allows up to 10GB to be migrated per user. However, if a user has 28GB of data, the migration will pause at 10GB, and you will have to assign more licenses to the user. The recommended maximum licenses to consume per user for a document migration project is five licenses per user, which allows up to 50GB of data to be migrated per user. The project will only consume the number of licenses for the amount of data migrated. If a user has 28GB of data, then only three out of the five licenses will be consumed, and two licenses will remain. KB004890
- Under Support/Support Options add:
- InitializationTimeout=28800000 - This increases the initialization timeout window to eight hours. KB005099
- FolderLimit=20000 - This increases the maximum number of folders for the migration to 20,000. Large companies might have more than 10,000 folders (the default) to migrate, so we recommend increasing the folder limit to 20,000. KB005557
Note: There are no spaces on either side of the "=" sign, and the entries are case-sensitive, so pay special attention to the capital letters in the commands above.
Click on the pie chart icon in the MigrationWiz dashboard to receive an email containing all the project migration statistics. KB004626
- For small migration projects that have less than 50 users, we recommend a Big Bang Migration strategy. This is a single, full-pass migration.
- Steps for a Full Migration pass:
- Select the users > From the top navigation, click on the Start button > From the drop-down list, select Full Migration > Click on the Start Migration button. KB004938
- For large migration projects that have more than 50 users, we recommend a Pre-Stage Migration strategy. This is a multiple-pass migration.
- Steps for a Pre-Stage Migration:
- Pre-Stage pass: Select the users > Click on the Start button from the top, and select Pre-Stage Migration > Under the Migration Scheduling section, from the drop-down list, select 90 days ago > Click on Start Migration. KB004938
- Full (Delta) pass: Select the users > Click on the Start button from the top, select Full Migration > Click on Start Migration. KB004938