Notice: This Knowledge Base article pertains specifically to the DeploymentPro for UserActivation product, and not to the DeploymentPro product that is part of MSPComplete.
What does DeploymentPro for UserActivation configure/not configure?
DeploymentPro for UserActivation is a lightweight Agent that quickly and easily configures Microsoft Outlook to send and receive email from Office 365, as well as copies over the users' current Outlook settings.
DeploymentPro for UserActivation does the following:
- Creates a new mail profile
- Configures the new profile to send and receive email from Office 365
- Sets the new profile as the default mail profile
- Allows the user to set their Office 365 password
- Attaches any existing PSTs from the current default mail profile
- Copies over the signatures from the current default mail profile
- Copies over autocompletes from the current default mail profile
DeploymentPro for UserActivation does NOT:
- Install a new copy of Microsoft Office or Outlook
- Install service pack updates for Microsoft Office or Outlook
- Install the Microsoft Office 365 desktop setup utility
- Import existing PSTs into the Office 365 mailbox
- Force Outlook to use a default profile if the user has previously configured Outlook to prompt which profile they would like to use
- Maintain shared calendars or mailboxes
- Reattach any secondary accounts that were included in the originating profile
- Migrate client side rules. Note: Server side rules are migrated via MigrationWiz from Exchange 2010+ to Exchange 2010+
- DeploymentPro for UserActivation will not work when two-factor or multi-factor authentication is in place. It is advisable to disable this during profile configuration. Once complete, it could be re-enabled, but users would then have to provide the application password, before they could connect via their Outlook profiles. Different Outlook versions have different processes to follow for this. Refer to Microsoft TechNet articles for more information.
- If two-factor or multi-factor authenitcation is in place during migration, then UserActivation will need to migrate using an admin account that is set up without the extra authentication requirements. Refer to KB005253 for more details.