Notice: This Knowledge Base article pertains specifically to the new version of DeploymentPro that is in the MSPComplete portal, and not to the DeploymentPro for UserActivation product.
How does DeploymentPro work with multiple domains?
DeploymentPro can work with multiple domains by following the steps outlined below.
- Create a customer. KB005421
- Create the Source and Destination endpoints. KB005427
- Deploy Device Management Agent (DMA) to users. KB005412
- Note: A customer can have multiple domains, and so DMA could be deployed to users in each domain.
- Launch DeploymentPro, and configure customer DeploymentPro module. KB005577
- Note: If multiple domains are in the customer environment, and DMA was deployed to them, these will appear under the user list within your DeploymentPro module dashboard.
- In your MSPComplete DeploymentPro module dashboard, click on Settings in the top right of the screen.
- In the Module Configuration/Domain Name field, enter the domain name, after the "@" sign.
- Click Auto-populate.
Set Client Interface Configurations for the domain. Note: You can set different logos and instructional text for each domain.
Click on Save and Continue to return to the DeploymentPro module dashboard.
In the Search field, enter the new domain name. The dashboard will then update to display only those names containing this domain name.
Activate the DeploymentPro module for users. Refer to Step 6 in KB005577.
Schedule the profile cutover date. Refer to Step 7 in KB005577.
Alternatively, you can use PowerShell to run these steps. For instructions, see KB008080.
- To return to the previous list of users, in the Search field, enter the domain name.
- If the user list that returns from Search is empty, click on the back button to return to the previous list of users.