How do I use Microsoft Synchronization tools with a .local domain?
Follow these steps:
- Add the .com, .org, etc., domain that is the primary domain to the Office 365 tenancy.
- Add the Alternate UPN Suffix to users in the Source AD environment
- Open Active Directory Domains and Trusts on the Source AD server.
- Enter your Alternative UPN Suffixes and click on Add.
- Click on Apply, and click OK.
- On the Account Tab of a user, assign the new Alternative UPN Suffixes as the primary from the drop-down list.
- Activate synchronization tool from the Microsoft Office 365 Portal.
- Do a Full Import/Full Sync.
Note: Sometimes the Sync Configuration Wizard will have to be run again.