How do I migrate Google Vault data from accounts that are in suspended mode?
The main differences when migrating suspended accounts, rather than active mailboxes, are:
- You will be migrating into the recoverable items folder into mailboxes on hold on Office 365.
- You will be migrating all data from the suspended account, and so no folder filter is required under MigrationWiz project Advanced Options.
You should follow all the instructions up to Step 4 under MigrationWiz steps in the Google Vault migration guide for migrating from active mailboxes, as detailed in KB004974.
Once you reach Step 4, then you should follow the steps below:
- Clone the first migration project. Steps: Click on Edit Project > select Clone Project from the dropdown list > enter name of cloned project > click the Clone Project button.
- Move items from the first migration project into the cloned project. Steps: Checkmark the items that represent the suspended accounts > click on the Move icon > select the project you want to move the items to, and click on Move Items.
- Switch to the cloned project and set the Project Advanced Options. KB004834
- Set the Destination to migrate data into. DESTINATION: MICROSOFT OFFICE 365 > Migrate to: Recoverable Items.
Support Options (fill in the preferred Destination folder for Google Vault Items): FolderMapping=”^Permanently Deleted->Google Vault Items” Note: This step is optional, but helps users to locate their Google Vault data. KB005017
Set the value for the maximum number of licenses to consume per item, per pass. The default value is one license per user, which allows up to 10GB to be migrated per user. However, if a user has 28GB of data, the migration will stop at 10GB unless you have increased this value to a number of 3 or more. Note: The project will only consume the number of licenses for the amount of data migrated. For example, if this value is set to 5, and the user has 28GB of data, then only three licenses will be consumed, and two licenses will remain. KB004890
Run Verify Credentials. KB004511
Purchase MigrationWiz-Personal Archive licenses. KB004647 Important: Each item in your MigrationWiz dashboard will require at least one personal archive license. Each personal archive license allows up to 10GB of data to be migrated. You can determine the amount of data in each user's Google Vault by following the directions in KB005370.
Perform a Full Migration pass. Checkmark the box next to the Root Path > Select the Start button from the drop-down list > Select Full Migration > Click on the Start Migration button. Note: Delta migrations are not supported for Google Vault migrations. Google Vault migrations only require a single Full Migration pass. KB004938
Run Retry Errors. KB004658
If problems persist, contact Support. KB004529
Click on the pie chart icon in the MigrationWiz dashboard to receive an email containing all the project migration statistics. KB004626
- The default setting is mailbox.
- Typically you will be migrating suspended accounts into mailboxes on hold on Office 365, and into the Recoverable Items folder.