How do I migrate Public Folders?
In order to migrate Public Folders, there are several requirements:
- The Source has to be Exchange 2007 or later, or Office 365 Exchange Online.
- The Destination has to be Exchange 2007 or later, or Office 365 Exchange Online.
- Administrative credentials must be specified for both the Source and Destination.
- The Public Folder mailbox/database must already be created at the Destination.
- Administrative users must have full permissions as owners for the full Public Folder hierarchy in both the Source and Destination.
- Administrative users, at the Source, must have an assigned mailbox, in order to complete the Public Folder generation scripts, if migrating more than 50GB of Public Folder data.
Once all requirements have been met, you can create the new Project. Some general work flow guidelines are listed below, but the exact steps that need to be followed are listed within the Public Folder migration guides. There are migration guides that cover all scenarios, so it is very important to follow the guide that matches your exact scenario. These can be located on the Community site, in the Migration Guides/Public Folder Migrations section.
- Log in to your MSPComplete account by going to https://www.bittitan.com and clicking on the red Account button. Provide credentials, if requested.
- If you haven't already, create a new Customer for the project. For information on creating a new Customer, see View, add, and edit your customers.
- From the left navigation bar, select All Customers, then select the customer for whom you wish to create the migration project.
- If you haven't already, create an endpoint for both the Source and target connections for your migration. For more information about creating endpoints, see View, add, and edit customer endpoints.
- Click on All Products, then select MigrationWiz.
- Click on Go To My Projects.
- Once on the MigrationWiz project page, click on Create Project, then click on Create a Public Folder Project.
- Enter a name for the project, select a customer from the Search for a Customer drop-down, then select Next Step.
- Add Source and Destination endpoints to the project.
- Click on Add.
- Choose between Quick Add, Bulk Add or Autodiscover Items.
- When you select Quick Add or Bulk Add, you need to define the folder you want to add manually. For example, use a forward slash (/) for the root, or Folder1/Folder2 for Folder2 (when there is a subfolder of Folder1). More details can be found in What is the difference between the root Public Folder and top-level Public Folders?.
- To use Autodiscover Items:
- Click on Add.
- Select Autodiscover Items.
- Click Start Autodiscover.
- Remove the folders you don't want to migrate.
- Verify Credentials
- Trial Migration
- Pre-Stage Migration
- Full Migration
- Retry Errors