This article explains how to manually set forwards during a migration, on a per-user basis and from the Google admin console, when the Source is G Suite or Gmail.
- Forwards are useful if you are migrating users in batches, and switching some users over to the new Destination before others.
- Forwards allow for mail coexistence, but not for calendar free/busy coexistence.
- To set forwards on a per-user basis and from the individual users' portal, refer to KB004316.
- To set forwards in bulk using the MigrationWiz Management Console, refer to KB005168.
To set forwards during a migration, on a per-user basis and from the Google admin console, when the Source is G Suite or Gmail:
- Sign in to your G Suite control panel.
- Click on the Organization & users menu.
- Click on the user you wish to provide coexistence for.
- Scroll to the bottom of the User information section.
- Click on the link Add another destination. A new row should have been added.
- Enter the email address of the new mailbox to coexist with. This email address needs to be different than the email address in G Suite.
- Make sure both checkboxes are selected (they already are, by default). There is one in front of the row and another under the column called Change SMTP envelope.
- Unselect the checkbox in front of the row G Suite Email.
- Click on Save Changes.