MigrationWiz uses a global geo-distributed migration farm which includes thousands of IP addresses. In some cases, however, network administrators may want to restrict access to a pre-determined set of IP addresses for security reasons. As a result, we offer the ability to lock down a MigrationWiz connector to use only a specific set of IPs.
If an IP LockDown is required, we offer the option to bind a connector to one of our U.S. data centers, or a regional Azure Data Center. It is important to understand the impact on the migration:
- Migration data traffic will proceed through the Azure Data Center in the region selected for the migration, although some data will go through our U.S. Data Centers.
- There may be some competition for computing resources. When not using IP LockDown, BitTitan offers unlimited computing power and bandwidth.
Note: IP LockDown does not work with BitTitan Autodiscover for Users. To add Users to the project, use either Bulk Add via CSV file or add the Users manually.
There are two steps that need to be followed. These are detailed below:
Set Advanced Options for the project in MigrationWiz
Complete these steps to set the preferred data center and add the support option for IP LockDown:
- Sign in to MigrationWiz at http://migrationwiz.bittitan.com/
- Access the project dashboard.
- Click Edit, and then click Advanced Options.
- In the Performance section, select the customer's local region under the Preferred BitTitan Data Center drop-down menu.
- In the Support section, add this support option in the Support Options field:
- Click Save.
Open firewall ports
- Open firewall ports to allow MigrationWiz to communicate back to BitTitan servers. All migrations need to have the following ports open.
- If migrating from Zimbra, ports 7070 and 7071 will also need to be open.
Add the below IP's and the IP's for your regions Datacenter listed below.
- Find the data center that is closest to the customer, and open the firewall ports to allow access to the list of IP addresses in that data center (not all data centers have multiple IP addresses).
Data Center Location IP Address(es) Asia Pacific 188.8.131.52
France 184.108.40.206 Germany (when using
United States 220.127.116.11
Northern Europe 18.104.22.168
South Africa 22.214.171.124 South America 126.96.36.199
Western Europe 188.8.131.52