How do I perform a trial migration?
A Trial Migration will migrate a very small amount of data in order to test that the project has been created and configured properly, as well as that the users have been entered into the project correctly. It is completely free and can be performed an unlimited number of times.
Each Trial Migration will perform the following:
- Verify Credentials at both the source and destination.
- Create the entire folder hierarchy on the destination, based on what is defined at the source.
- Migrate only up to 10 items in each folder and a total of 10MB of data.
Important: In Public Folder migrations the Trial Migration only scans the current folder and does not scan sub-folders. No data is migrated, nor is an error message shown. Barring connectivity errors, the Trial Migration for Public Folder migrations will show a Completed status.
To run a Trial Migration follow these steps:
- Sign in to your MigrationWiz account.
- Click on your migration project. If you haven't created a project, create a project and add a user to that project.
- Select the user for whom you wish to perform the trial migration.
- Click on Start.
- From the drop-down list, click on Trial Migration.
- Click on Start Trial Migration.