A Trial Migration will migrate a very small amount of data in order to test that the project has been created and configured properly, as well as that the users have been entered into the project correctly. It is completely free and can be performed an unlimited number of times. It is also possible to perform the migration of a single mailbox with the use of a paid license. Instructions for this process are below.
Each Trial Migration will perform the following:
- Verify Credentials at both the source and destination.
- Create the entire folder hierarchy on the destination, based on what is defined at the source.
- Migrate only up to 10 items in each folder and a total of 10MB of data.
Important: In Public Folder migrations the Trial Migration only scans the current folder and does not scan sub-folders. No data is migrated, nor is an error message shown. Barring connectivity errors, the Trial Migration for Public Folder migrations will show a Completed status.
To run a Trial Migration, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your MigrationWiz account.
- Click on your migration project. If you haven't created a project, create a project via the steps below and add a user to that project.
- Select the user for whom you wish to perform the trial migration.
- Click on Start.
- From the drop-down list, click on Trial Migration.
- Click on Start Trial Migration.
Create a Project
The steps below are a high-level look at project creation. Endpoints must be created if you have never done a project before. To learn more about project types, visit our Project Setup FAQ documentation.
- Click the Go to My Projects button in MigrationWiz.
- Click the Create Project button.
- Click on the type of project that you wish to create.
- Click Next Step.
- Enter a Project name and select a Customer.
- Click Next Step.
- Select a Source Endpoint from the Endpoint dropdown menu or create one via the steps below.
- Select a Destination Endpoint from the Endpoint dropdown menu or create one via the steps below.
- Click Save and Go to Summary.
Create an endpoint
Endpoints are a sort of routing map for MigrationWiz. The source endpoint is the environment you are migrating from, the destination endpoint is where you are migrating to. Generally you will be asked for credentials, as well as other access information such as SharePoint URLs or Dropbox authorizations. For specific steps, please use the steps in the proper migration guide.
To create a new endpoint in MigrationWiz:
- Click Endpoint.
- Select Add New.
- Enter the following information, as well as any requested credentials or permissions, depending on source and destination.
- Name: Type any name you want for the endpoint.
- Endpoint Type: Select your environment from the endpoint type drop-down list.
- Enter requested credentials or access information.
- Click Add.
This process needs to be completed in full for both source and destination.
Trial Migrate a Full Mailbox
If you are interested in performing a trial migration of an entire mailbox, we suggest you purchase a single mailbox migration license and try for yourself. We have no minimum purchase requirements and allow you to purchase a single license instantly with your credit card. Information on purchasing and applying our licenses can be found in MigrationWiz Licenses.
For this process, we also suggest using the migration guide relevant to your source and destination.