|Notice: This Knowledge Base article pertains specifically to the DeploymentPro (legacy) product, and not to the DeploymentPro product that is part of MSPComplete or DeploymentPro for UserActivation.|
When configuring Outlook for Office 365 using DeploymentPro, and Outlook fails to configure, you can view the logs at the following location.
Open the most recent subfolder and othe Outlookconfigurator.log file.
In this log file there may contain one of the following errors.
[CRITICAL] Failure: Cannot create an empty profile. - Reason: MAPI_E_NO_ACCESS (ffffffff80070005)
This error occurs when the user has successfully configured the Office 365 profile through DeploymentPro and then rerun OutlookConfigurator. The OST file was locked by Outlook and the error was MAPI_E_NOACCESS, since Outlook was not able to write over the locked user data file with the same name.
2. [CRITICAL] Failure: Cannot configure the profile. - Reason: MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR (ffffffff80040115)
This error indicates a network error, and will keep Outlook from connecting to Office 365 even when trying to configure a profile manually.
There is no single solution to this error. Users should use OWA for Office 365 while the admin is troubleshooting.
Some things to check and try:
1. Run Windows Update to make sure all users' machines have the latest security updates and certificates installed.
2. Check to make sure that the following certificate is installed: Baltimore CyberTrust root certificate.
- You can download the Baltimore CyberTrust Root certificate from the following website: https://cacert.omniroot.com/bc2025.crt
3. Reboot the computer.
4. Rerun bootstrap.exe from the end user email, or right-click the Guardian icon in the system tray and click on Launch OutlookConfigurator.