How do I choose which Destination mailbox to ingest files into?
Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Once the PST files have been imported into the MigrationWiz project, they will appear as the name of the file under the "Path" column. The owner's email address should be displayed under the "Destination Email" column. If firstname.lastname@example.org is displayed as the Destination email instead of the actual owner's email address:
- Click on the Edit Item (pencil icon) to the right of the row.
- Under the Destination Email Address field, enter the mailbox that this file will be ingested into.
- (Optional) Click on the Edit Item (pencil icon) to the right of the row, and enter any folder mappings to be included. Refer to KB004201 to learn more about folder mapping.
- Click on the green Save Item button.
UploaderWiz will try to guess the owner of the uploaded PST files, to ensure that items get ingested into the correct Destination mailbox. UploaderWiz will look into the PST files, and try to identify the owners based on an proprietary algorithm:
- Step 1: Open PST and check the recipients within the Inbox folder. If an owner can be identified, stop the algorithm.
- Step 2: Open PST and check the senders in the Sent Items folder. If an owner can be identified, stop the algorithm.
- Step 3: Check owner field attached to PST. If an owner can be identified, stop the algorithm.
- Step 4: Fall back on email@example.com. This email address will always generate an error if not changed, because BitTitan owns the bittitan.com domain, so there won't be chances of “migrations by mistake”.