These are the steps that should be followed inside MigrationWiz to complete the Office 365 to Office 365 migration while changing domain name.
The Device Management Agent (DMA) is an option for this migration, but is not required.
What will be migrated
- Folder-level permissions
- Email rules
What will NOT be migrated
- Calendar invitations
- Non-delivery reports (NDRs)
- Mailbox permissions
- Microsoft mail retention (MMR) settings
- Personalized categories
- Global admin account for the Source
- Global admin account for the Destination.
- All of the mailboxes for the Destination created
- All accounts must have an .onmicrosoft.com secondary address (SMTP).
- You must have edit access to the DNS records.
- Customers created in MSPComplete Add and edit Customers
- Create customer endpoints in MSPComplete Add and edit Customer Endpoints
- Purchase Migration Subscriptions or Migration Licenses
- Assign subscriptions to users
- You must have access to the DNS records
- Create a new Mailbox Migration project.
- Add users to migration. How do I add items to my migration Project?
- Set the Project Advanced Options. What project Advanced Options are available?
- Set to use impersonation at both the Source and the Destination. Checkmark the Use impersonation at Source box and the Use impersonation at Destination box. How do I migrate to Exchange or Office 365 using impersonation?
- If this is a large migration project, the value for Maximum concurrent migrations, under the Performance section, can be set to a very high value, e.g., 250. This number applies to the number of migrations you can perform at the same time.
- The following options are required for this migration scenario:
MX Record Cutover Steps
On the DNS provider's portal, change the primary MX record to reflect the DNS settings for the new Office 365 organization. DNS settings to change include: Autodiscover, MX and SPF records. Also remove the old settings for Tenant 1. These settings can be found in the Office 365 admin portal, by following these steps:
- Inside Office 365, click on Admin in the header.
- On the Admin page, click on Domains in the left pane.
- Click on the domain name to be set up, and then click on the DNS Settings tab. This page lists the DNS records necessary to set in order to use the Office 365 services.
- Full (Delta) pass: Select the Users > Click on the Start button from the top, select Full Migration > Click on Start Migration.
- Run Retry Errors. How do I retry failed items?
- Look through the user list and click on any red "failed migration" errors. Review information and act accordingly.
- If problems persist, contact Support. How do I get support for your products?
- If not using DeploymentPro, users must create new Outlook profiles, and set up their signatures again, and reattach any PST files that were attached to their previous profile.