How are contacts field mappings handled when migrating from G Suite?
Contacts handling – the default behavior is to skip suggested contacts.
- An Advanced Option can be set to migrate suggested contacts instead.
- All contacts are migrated to the contacts system folder of the Destination.
- Folders from the Source are recreated on the Destination to match the Source.
- Migration of all properties with the following exceptions (these exceptions are due to Exchange limits):
- Migration of up to three email addresses
- Migration of up to one of each phone category
- Migration of up to one of each address category
- Migration of up to one anniversary
- Migration of up to one birthday
- Migration of up to three instant messaging categories
Note: Technically, Exchange supports up to three IMs without category; however, the most recent UI displays only one.
- Migration of up to one person in each of the following categories: spouse, partner, manager, domestic partner, child, assistant
- Migration of photos appear as attachments to Exchange 2007
Note: Technically, a photo is an attachment, but after the migration it shows up as the contact’s photo.
- Do not migrate custom fields
- Do not migrate groups
- G Suite contact fields that are populated by Google Directory services are not migrated.