- This is the complete onboarding task flow for migrating mailboxes from Office 365 to G Suite.
- Complete each step in the order listed. Links to corresponding Knowledge Base articles are provided.
- The MSPComplete section includes steps to deploy the Device Management Agent (DMA) to end users. This is an Agent which includes multiple modules, e.g., for HealthCheck for Office 365 and DeploymentPro. This migration scenario does not require installing DMA. However, BitTitan will be adding several modules to DMA in the future, and these will be important to power MSPComplete feeds (which will provide further information to you, in the future, about upsell and cross-sell opportunities).
Prepare Source Exchange Environment
- Create an administrator account in Office 365 to be used for migration, or use the global admin account for the tenant. KB004948
- Export the user list to a CSV file. This can be used when bulk-adding users to your MigrationWiz project later. You can copy and paste the user list into the Source and Destination Email column in your MigrationWiz project dashboard under Add > Bulk Add. Steps: From Office 365 admin portal > Users > Active Users > Export > Continue.
Prepare the Destination Environment
- Create users on G Suite. Refer to the G Suite admin help article here.
- Grant MigrationWiz OAuth 2.0 access to G Suite. For guidance, see Enable access to G Suite using OAuth 2.0.
- If migrating to multiple domains, repeat these steps for each domain.
- G Suite as the Destination (full scopes):
https://mail.google.com/, https://www.google.com/m8/feeds, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.group, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive, https://sites.google.com/feeds/, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.settings.sharing, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.settings.basic
- For the Source endpoint:
- Click Endpoints > Add Endpoint > Enter endpoint name > For endpoint type, select Office 365.
- Click the Provide Credentials radio button, and enter the admin account credentials.
Note: This should be a global admin account. If creating a separate admin account for the purpose of migration, refer to the Office 365 section in KB004725.
- For the Destination endpoint:
- Click Endpoints > Add Endpoint > Enter endpoint name > For endpoint type, select G Suite/Gmail.
- It is necessary to add ALL domains that will be migrated to. This means that if there are users in one project with domain names Sourcedomain.com and Destinationdomain.com, then it is important to ensure that both of these are added under Your Domains, when creating the endpoints. When you add a domain, you need to click the "+" button.
- Enter Administrative email address.
Note: This is the account that has admin access level to the Google admin portal.
- Watch this video to see a walk-through of the steps below.
- Create the Mailbox Migration project. KB004380
- Create the Mailbox Migration project > Select the customer > Select the Source endpoint > Select the Destination endpoint.
- The following options are most valuable for this migration scenario:
- Set to use impersonation at the Source. Checkmark the Use impersonation at Source box. KB004727
- If this is a large migration project, then the value for Maximum concurrent migrations, under the Performance section, can be set to a very high value, e.g., 250.
Note: There is no limit for this value (for cloud to cloud migrations), if using impersonation.
- Add folder mapping:
FolderMapping="^INBOX/->"under Support/Support options.
Note: This will map folders to the root label on the Destination mailboxes, rather than under inbox/labelname. KB005068