How do I migrate Box to OneDrive for Business?
Guidance for creating, configuring, and executing a migration project from Box to OneDrive for Business is provided in the Box to OneDrive for Business Migration Guide.
- This migration scenario requires document migration licenses. For more information, see How do I enable consumption of multiple licenses for a single item?
- OneDrive for Business accounts for each of your users will be provisioned, as part of the migration.
- The following items will be migrated:
- Shared Folders in your Box
- Code Files (Xml, cs, cpp, h, etc.)
- Documents (docx, doc, odt, csv, pdf, etc.)
- Images (png, jpg, etc.)
- Executables (exe)
- Videos (avi, mp4, etc.)
- Audio Files (mp3, wav, etc.)
- Although we do migrate Shared Folders and items (including items that have been shared with you), Shared Folders and items do not maintain shared status at the Destination.
- Permissions are migrated from the Source Box environment.