What are exceptions to recurring calendar meetings, and are they migrated?
These are exceptions to a series of calendar meetings that have been created. When you create an event, such as a series, the same event will repeat every n times, depending on the recurrence type.
Once this has been created, you can still update some instances independently:
- Removing certain instances
- Updating certain instances
Each updated or removed instance is called an exception, because they do not match the initial rule that defines the series.
Are exceptions migrated?
- Yes, exceptions are migrated. From all supported Source systems to all supported Destination systems, the series, including any appointments with exception dates/times, will be migrated. However, the description text and attendee exceptions will not be migrated.
- When migrating from Zimbra, by default, exceptions will not be migrated. However, they will be migrated, if the following MigrationWiz project Advanced Option is added: ZimbraCalendarExpandInstances=1
In that case, the series, including any appointments with exception dates/times, will be migrated. However, the description text and attendee exceptions will not be migrated.
- When migrating to G Suite, from all Source environments, no exceptions will be migrated.
- IMAP and POP do not support calendar (or contacts) for migration, due to API limitations, thus exceptions will not be migrated.