This is a two-step process:
- Create SQL Database
- Configure Firewall Settings
1. Create SQL Database
- Follow the Microsoft guide on creating a SQL database: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-single-database-get-started?tabs=azure-portal
- Note: Under the Pricing tier field, select the pricing tier you require. (Recommended setting is Standard S3: 100 DTU, 250GB.)
Note: You may need to log out and log in again before your new SQL Database will show in your portal.
2. Configure Firewall Settings
- Select the Resource Group that you created the SQL database server in.
- Click on Overview.
- Click on the SQL database AuditEventLog, then click on Set Server Firewall at the top of the screen.
- Add the following IP address information
- Under Rule name, enter ALL
- Under Start IP address, enter 126.96.36.199
- Under End IP address, enter: 255.255.255.255
- Make sure that Allow access to Azure services is set to ON.
Note: This is a required configuration since, by default, no one has access.
You are now ready to enable audit logging within your MigrationWiz project.
Refer to What is the BitTitan Audit Logging Service and what parameters need to be set? for more information on how to enable audit logging within your MigrationWiz project Advanced Options.