Important: When you sign in to MigrationWiz, you are redirected to the Getting Started page in MSPComplete. To get to a migration project created before April 4, 2017, click the Go to Projects button on the Getting Started Page. To create a new project for the migration scenario documented in this article, click the waffle icon () in the top navigation bar of MSPComplete, and select the appropriate migration product.
- This is the complete Onboarding Task flow for migrating Public Folders from On-Premises Exchange 2007 or later, to a multi-tenant Hosted Exchange environment.
- This guide should be followed if the total size of the Source Public Folders is less than 50GB. If the Source Public Folders are larger than 50GB, refer to KB005470.
- Complete each step in order. If additional instructions are required, a link to a corresponding Knowledge Base article is provided.
- Estimate of migration speed = 500MB per hour. If total size of Public Folders = 12GB, the project should complete in 24 hours.
- Due to a code defect in Exchange 2010, timestamps will not be preserved for Public Folders at the Destination. KB005159
Prepare Source Exchange Environment:
Prepare Destination Office 365 Environment:
This is the PowerShell script that your Hosted Exchange provider must run in order to obtain that PublicFolderRootEntryId:
Note: Record the output of this script. This needs to be entered under the MigrationWiz project's advanced options.
(Default value = 1. This allows up to 10GB to be migrated. For example: If migrating all Public Folders, using a forward slash ( / ), and the total data size = 39GB, then increase this value to 4, otherwise the migration will pause at 10GB). KB004890
(For fastest migration speeds, select the Data Center that is closest to your Hosted Exchange Provider). KB004268
(This flag is required if Public Folders contain items other than mail, such as calendar and contact items). KB005053