Google Vault FAQ
If this page does not address your specific issue, contact BitTitan Support through the MigrationWiz console's Help button.
What version of the .NET Framework must I have installed on the computer on which I run the Google Extractor?
The Google Vault Extractor requires that you have the .NET Framework 4.6.1 or later installed on the computer on which you install and run the Extractor. To determine the .NET Framework version currently installed, follow instructions provided by Microsoft: How to: Determine Which .NET Framework Versions Are Installed.
Where do I download the Google Vault Extractor?
You can download the extractor here: https://api.bittitan.com/public/downloads/GoogleVaultExport/GoogleVaultExportSetUp.exe.
How long will my export take?
- Typical speeds while exporting from Google Vault are approximately 1GB per hour.
- These speeds are subject to the bandwidth available between Google Vault and the computer running Extractor.
How do I find the size of my Google Vault?
- Google Vault provides no "at-a-glance" mechanism for viewing the size of the vault.
- Generate a report by creating a Matter, running a search that returns all Google Vault items, then exporting the results. The export size is available in the Export menu within your Matter.
My Google Vault export has failed. Why?
- Exports taking longer than 24 hours will be canceled by Google Vault.
- Note: Do not run more than 30 instances of Google Vault Extractor. Google Vault can support a maximum of 30 parallel exports.
What if my export fails while in process?
- Google Vault Exporter is able to resume exporting vault files where it previously stopped.
- Further troubleshooting information is available, here: KB005163.
When should I perform a Google Vault migration?
- Google Vault migrations should take place after all data in the Vault is "at rest", which means that no new data is entering the Vault.
- Migrating the Vault while in use can result in lost or duplicated items.