MigrationWiz allows users to perform a Sync Migration Pass to replicate changes/updates made to previously replicated items. This is a one-way synchronization: changes will be replicated from the Source to the Destination only.
Important: The Sync Migration Pass should only be used in exceptional situations and only on the final full migration pass. Running it more than once can potentially result in multiple document versions being created in the destination. We recommend that this option only be used for the final migration pass of long-term projects, such as those spanning several months. If migration statistics are reset between two Sync Migration passes, all items will be updated.
Google Drive as a Source:
An update of the permissions at the Source will trigger an update to the Destination, even if the actual contents don't change.
SharePoint as a Source:
- If permissions are changed at the Source by using the "Shared with" feature these changes will not be replicated unless something else is changed at the Source.
This functionality is currently available for the following scenarios:
- All migrations with Google Drive, OneDrive for Business, or Sharepoint Online as the destination.
Mailbox Migrations (only Contacts and Calendar items will sync)
- G Suite to Office 365
- On-Premises Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016 to Office 365
- Office 365 to On-Premises Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016
- Office 365 to Office 365
- On-Premises Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016 to On-Premises Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016
To enable the Sync Migration Pass for your project:
- Sign in to your MigrationWiz account.
- Edit your Project.
- Open Advanced Options.
- Under Support, add
SyncItems=1as a Support Option.
- Click Save Options.
Note: After you run a sync pass, if you need to run it again you will need to reset statistics for the user. Review How do I reset statistics for my item(s)? for instructions on how to reset statistics.